- 2 (13 oz) canned chicken breast
- Shredded colby jack cheese
- Taco Seasoning
- Drain the juice/water from the canned chicken breast. Then place the chicken in a bowl. With a spoon, "mash" the chicken until it has become shredded
- Add cheese to chicken. I do it all by sight. I like to have just over half-and-half. You kinda just have to experiment and see what you like the best. I think you need just a bit more cheese than chicken, otherwise, it won't melt shut right.
- Add taco seasoning to taste. I like to make sure that everything is lightly covered.
- Cook one side of a tortilla until it is barely brown. You don't want it crunchy, as then you won't be able to fold it over.
- Flip tortilla and put filling on half. Fold it over and cook both sides until lightly browned, making sure the filling is nice and melted.
I loooove this recipe. Feel free to experiment, and if you want, measure how much cheese and taco seasoning you put in and lemme know. Like I said, I never measure with this, but I figured I would stick it up here anyway and let you guys have a go at it. Also, lemme know if you try it with any other fillings.
Oh! And if you want, you can cook it like a grilled cheese sandwich, using 2 tortillas and not folding it. Then you can cut it into wedges and serve it at a party.
The filling also tastes great warmed over tortilla chips; kinda like chicken nachos.
Okay, so lemme know what you think, and please, feel free to comment. I <3 comments. ^.^