Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cheesy Breadsticks

I totally made this recipe up after Dylan pointed out a bag of frozen ones at Wal-Mart. I said I could make them, so here is what I came up with. They are pretty easy to make and taste pretty good too!

Ingredients

  • Can of pre-made pizza dough
  • 1 package of string cheese
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350°F
  • Open can of pizza dough and unroll it.
  • Cut string cheese in half, and then cut them in half lengthwise.
  • Place pieces of cheese on dough, leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch between each piece.
  • Cut the dough around each piece; should be a rectangular shape.
  • Cover the cheese with the dough, making sure all the seams are securely closed.
  • Put on cookie sheet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  • Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.








My Take
I made a couple that were just cut in half once, but I thought they were a bit too big. I liked them smaller, plus they would work better for appetizers, in my opinion.

I dipped my breadsticks in marinara sauce, which was very tasty.

I asked Dylan if they needed any other seasoning, and he said they were good the way they were, so I'm marking this down as a success. 

Also, I think I only used half a package of string cheese, but I'm not quite sure. I bought a full package, so that's what really counts, right? :p



Bursting with ooey gooey cheesy goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment