Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beef and Noodles



Pot roast is a wonderful meal for a nice quiet family dinner, but what do you do with the leftovers? My mom use to make this wonderful recipe of beef and noodles using the leftovers from our pot roast dinner. I loved it so much, that I have taken the liberty of making it and writing up a recipe for it.

Beef and Noodles
(Printable Version)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup leftover pot roast, diced or shredded
  • 1/2 package extra wide egg noodles
  • 1 cup gravy
  • 1/2 cup cooked carrots, sliced (optional)


Directions
  • Cook egg noodles according to package. Drain.
  • Add roast, carrots, and gravy. Mix well. Cook on low in a sauce pan until heated through.


My Take

And that's it. Pretty easy to throw together and have on a weeknight with a leftover Sunday pot roast. I didn't have to add any extra seasoning since I used everything that was already seasoned, but if you feel it is a bit bland, feel free to add a pinch of salt and some other seasonings. I think I may have added a touch of salt and pepper. You can also add some more veggies to it. I typically just stick with the carrots, as that's what's leftover when I cook a roast, but I think peas would be great as well.

This is a great base which you can personalize and really run with. Have you made this and made  it your own? How did you personalize it?

No comments:

Post a Comment